Sprint 1 - Researching State Machines & Dungeon Siege
Sprint 1 involved the first weeks of working on project. This project involved re-creating Dungeon Siege as team. This team included all of my classmates from SGD300 - Advanced Games Programming 2.0.
This blog will outline the tasks that was undertaken in sprint 1 and what was used in order to achieve this. This sprint I decided to research state machines in Unity and Dungeon Siege. This took up all my time as not only did i have to research state machines and dungeon siege, but i found that i had to also familiarise myself with unity as i am mainly a unreal developer. I ran into a couple of issues along the way, on of them being finding enough time to juggle full-time work and uni, along with life itself.
- Researching state machines in Unity:
- This goal involved doing research on state machines and how they worked. Then how it would be applied in unity
- Researching Dungeon Siege:
- This goal involved doing research on Dungeon Siege and what type of game that is was. This was to help me understand what made dungeon siege, dungeon siege.
Tools and Technology Used
- Unity Documentation:
- Used to find useful Links ( Unity Documentation )
- Used to document the links and to keep track of progress ( Trello )
- Other sites:
- Used to to find useful links
This sprint I ended up finding the resources listed below:
Unity Scripting API Link: https://docs.unity3d.com/2018.3/Documentation/ScriptReference/StateMachineBehaviour.html
Dungeon Siege Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPBLccW7vpQ
Issues and Risks
- Lacking experience in Unity
- Time management
- Rusty from not doing game development since 2018
What we found out
During this sprint i found out what game play of dungeon siege looks like and what type of game dungeon siege is. I also found out that state machines in unity are hooked into the animation component and that the in order to create a state machine class you most use a script that is inherited from the StateMachineBehaviour class.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.